After answering Grammar and Correct Usage Quiz 1 and Quiz 2, let me continue the series with the quiz below. Some of the answers below have brief explanations. Some of the answers that can you can easily look up at a dictionary are not explained.
Grammar and Correct Usage Quiz 3
1. Many anime nowadays are not good for children because of their violence. I think Disney movies are more _____ for them.
2. Your mother is gone. If she were alive, I think she would love to see you ______ the truth and move on.
3. I think _____ made him a snobbish person.
4. I couldn’t focus listening to the speaker’s lecture yesterday. The person beside me was thinking ____ while taking down notes.
5. You cannot leave the company until next month. They could sue you for ____ of contract.
6. I think she sings ______.
7. You look too exhausted. If I ____ you, I’ll go for a holiday vacation.
8. Melissa, ____ true that the president of our company is leaving?
a.) it is
d.) is it
9. Did you ____ up with your boyfriend again? That’s twice in a month. That’s not right.
When you use did, the verb (break) should be in present tense. Brake is a device that inhibits motion (e.g. in cars).
10. The news is that the supposed ____ killer escaped from prison yesterday.
Did you like the quiz? Did you perform well? For more quizzes and practice test, visit the Practice Test page.