This is the seventh part of the Grammar and Correct Usage Quiz Series.
Grammar and Correct Usage Quiz 7
Fill in the blanks with the most appropriate word.
1. The group insisted on an investigation of ___ member’s dismissal and threatened to sue the company.
2. People with _____ problems are likely to have a more positive outlook in life.
3. I can accompany you tomorrow ___ Tuesday — you choose..
4. I am sorry but I have ___ idea what you are talking about?
5. This time next Tuesday, some people in this group _______ to Paris.
a.) will travel
b.) will be traveling
c.) will traveling
6. The panel has chosen Kyle to represent the company. He is the _____ _____ the two candidates.
a.) better, between
b.) better, among
c.) best, between
d.) best, among
Better is used to compare two persons/things, and best is used to compare three or more persons/things. Between is used in comparing two or more persons/things, while among is used in comparing three or more persons/things.
7. Guys, have a piece of cake. I baked them _____.
a.) my own
d.) my way
8. He’s ___ young to travel on his own. Accompany him.
9. When Anna took the Civil Service Exam, she ________ in the government form 5 years already.
b.) is working
c.) had been working
d.) was working
10. If you have difficulty in ______ the questions in English, there’s a Filipino translation at the back of the page.
c.) to answer
d.) to answering
More quizzes to come.
For more quizzes and practice test, visit the Practice Test page.