Now that we have discussed how to calculate the area and circumference of a circle, we proceed with our first quiz. The second quiz will be more on word problems. To be able to practice solving under time pressure, it is better to monitor your time. The time limit for this quiz is 12 minutes.
Area and Circumference Quiz 1
Choose the correct answer.
1. The distance around the circle is its
2. The distance from the center of a circle to the point on that circle is its _____.
3. A circle with radius 3 has diameter ______.
4. What is the circumference of a circle with radius 10 centimeters? Use .
a.) 31.4 cm
c.) 314 cm
d.) 628 cm
5. What is the area of a circle with diameter 20 cm?
a.) 31.4 sq. cm
b.)314 sq. cm
c.) 628 sq. cm
d.) 1256 sq. cm
6. Which of the following units is best to measure the area of a circular sports stadium?
b.) square centimeter
d.) square meter
7. What is the radius of a circle with circumference equal to 18.84 centimeters?
d.) none of the above
8. The diameter of a circle is equal to 1. What is true about the circle?
a.) Its circumference is twice its area.
b.) Its circumference is four times its area.
c.) Its area is twice its circumference.
d.) Its area is four times its circumference.
9. What is the circumference of a circle with diameter 7 cm?
10. Which of the following statement is true?
a.) The area of a circle is always greater than its circumference.
b.) The area of a circle is sometimes greater than its circumference.
c.) The area of a circle is always less than its circumference.
d.) The area of a circle is sometimes equal to its perimeter.
Share your score! 🙂
For more quizzes and practice test, visit the Practice Test page.