A Summary of the Perfect Progressive Tenses
Written by Leny Ortega
Now that we are done with the discussion on the perfect progressive tenses: past perfect progressive, present perfect progressive, and future perfect progressive. Below are practice exercises to test your mastery of the previous lesson. Answers are provided after the exercises for easy self-checking.
Write the correct form of the perfect progressive tense used in each given sentences.
1. Senate probe on Maguindanao clash (go) on for several months now.
2. I (clean) the kitchen when my friend (arrive).
3. She (receive) negative comments from social media since last week.
4. A few weeks from now, Korean singers (perform) in front of many Filipino fans.
5. When I (arrive), the principal (talk) to students about the incident.
6. George (edit) his speech when the emcee (tell) him he is the next speaker.
7. Jeanne (tell) her friends that the project is long over due since last week.
8. By next week, the doctor (check) the condition of the pregnant woman.
9. A few weeks from now, she (reveal) her real health condition.
10. Annsly (apply) for a job since last month.
1. Has been going
2. had cleaning, arrived
3. Has been receiving
4.will have been performing
5. Arrived, had been talking
6. Had been editing, told
7. Has been telling
8. Will have been checking
9. Will have been revealing
10. Has been applying