Category Archives: Blog

A Teaser on Answering Number Series Questions

First of all, I would like to point out the term series in the “Number Series” questions in the Civil Service Examinations is a bit incorrect. Technically, the list of numbers in the examinations is actually called a sequence.  A series is a sequence of sums — well, I will not go into details since… Read More »

The Scope of the Civil Service Examinations

The scope of the Civil Service examinations in the Philippines, both Professional and Subprofessional, are mainly  English and Mathematics proficiency. They comprise  about 80%  of the examination. Some of the questionnaires in grammar, correct usage, and paragraph organizations are in Filipino.  The remaining 20% are General Information questions, clerical operations in the Subprofessional examination and… Read More »

5 Effective Ways to Improve Your Vocabulary

English Proficiency makes up about 50% of the Philippine Civil Service Examinations both Professional and Subprofessional. Vocabulary test items such as word meaning and analogy are included in these exams. For a higher probability of passing, it is important that you have a wide vocabulary when taking these examinations. In this post, I am going… Read More »

April 2013 Civil Service Exam Top 10 and Results

Below are the lists of the national top 10 of  the 2013 Civil Service Exam. The paper-and-pencil test was held nationwide on April 14, 2013.  To view the official complete list of passers, please go to the official website of Civil Service Commission. Professional National Topnotchers  1. Maravilla, Jan Angelique B – 86.21 2. Villaraza, Kristine… Read More »

What is the Philippine Civil Service Examination?

The Philippine Civil Service Examination is given by the Civil Service Commission (CSC) to aspirants who want to work in the Philippine government. All government employees aside from a few exceptions (like passing selected board exams) are required to take the CSC Examination to be granted tenure. There are two levels of Civil Service Examinations:… Read More »

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...