Let us continue learning grammar by answering the quiz below. Some of the answers below have brief explanations, while the ones can you can easily look up at a dictionary are not explained.
Grammar and Correct Usage Quiz 4
Fill in the blanks with the most appropriate word.
1. We just came from Mount Apo. That was an exciting _____.
2. It is normal for some controversial things to ____ debates.
a.) in sight
d.) in cite
3. __ hour ago, I met ___ beautiful woman.
a.) A, a
b.) An, a
c.) A, an
d.) An, an
4. In my room, _____ three chairs and a table. My brother and I usually eat there in the morning.
a.) there is
b.) there are
c.) there was
d.) there were
5. Aliyah, did you see Amanda’s new dress? I’m sure ____ going to love it.
6. See you tomorrow. Remember, everybody must bring ___ own lunch.
7. Yesterday, our teacher ____ us a difficult exam.
c.) was giving
d.) was give
8. Who do you think is the best dancer ___ the group?
9. Gemma said thank you. She was ____.
10. This is just between you and __. Don’t tell anyone.
What’s your score?
For more quizzes and practice test, visit the Practice Test page.