It is a pronoun that usually refers to something that has previously mentioned or easily identified.
Example: A room with two televisions in it.
Its is the possessive form of it.
Example:This is a weird-looking gadget. What is its purpose?
It’s is a contraction of it is or it has.
Example: It’s time to go. (It is time to go).
Grammar Quiz – Is, It, Its, It’s
1. Wake up guys. ____ 6 am. We’ll be late for school.
b.) Is it
2. _____ true that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have many charity work?
b.) Is it
3. Sarah lives in a small town in Ireland. I forgot ___ name.
4. I’d like to drink coffee. ___ the water hot yet?
5. Is that your bag? ___ zipper is open.
6. Mother: Please answer the door. That’s your dad.
Daughter. It ____ dad mom. It’s the mailman.
7. The rumor ___ true. We just had some misunderstanding but we are still together.
8. Melissa, ____ true that the president of our company is leaving?
a.) it is
d.) is it
9. ____ going to be hot today. The sun is up and there are no clouds.
10. You two just blew ___. The party was supposed to be a surprise. Why did you tell her?
Did you like the quiz? Did you perform well? For more quizzes and practice test, visit the Practice Test page.