This is the fifth Grammar and Correct Usage Quiz in PH Civil Service Review. Good luck and enjoy learning.
Grammar and Correct Usage Quiz 5
Fill in the blanks with the most appropriate word.
1. They _______ TV while I was cleaning the dishes.
a.) are watching
b.) was watching
c.) were watching
d.) had watched
2. James ____ in Manila for the past 8 years.
b.) has stayed
d.) is staying
3. Are there ____ cookies in the fridge?
4. I liked it. That _______ interesting movie.
a.) was a
b.) was an
d.) is an
5. I went __ the market yesterday.
6. Ron: Gabby, look at the new girl. You know her right. What ___ she like?
Gabby: She’s very bubbly.
7. Please hurry up. I need ____ immediately.
c.) to going
d.) to go
8. I ____ a new mobile phone yesterday.
c.) had bought
d.) did bought
9. How ____ was the phone?
10. I love ______ classical music..
b.) listen to
c.) listening to
d.) to listening to
What’s your score?
You might also want to try Grammar Quiz 1, Quiz 2 and Quiz 3.
For more quizzes and practice test, visit the Practice Test page.