My traffic has gone up, so I know that a lot of you are already studying for the next Civil Service Exam. Well, here’s something that will make you relax (hopefully) a bit.
Homophones are words that have the same pronunciation, but different meaning. can you identify any words that have such characteristics?
In each of the following groups of words identify the odd one out.
1) counsel, cancel, council
2.) so, sow, saw
3.) leek, leak, lick
4.) sin, seen, scene
5.) sell, sale, cell
6) bone, borne, born
Choose the most appropriate word that should go into the blanks in the sentences below.
1. His wise ________ helped me make the correct decision.
2. When he ________the ________he decided to run from the garden.
3. The deer was drawn to a salt ________
4. The ________of crime was ________by every one.
5. He will ________ his bicycle when he goes to his prison ________.
6. A problem ________ out of frustration has gripped the family.